Friday, October 11, 2013

Letter #30

Letter #30
Recorded-10/7/13
Received-10/9/13

So this week it was a little different. I was so excited! I love Wednesdays! Not only are they my day off but I get to hear from my missionary :) I opened the mailbox and I had this sinking feeling. No letter. :( I rummaged around as I pulled out newspapers and my roommates mail. At the very back of the mailbox there is a cushion mailer, with familiar looking handwriting :) He sent me something!!! Being the curious girl that I am I couldn't wait before I got back to the apartment so as I was walking back I tore it open. Inside were two necklaces that were made by a 94 year old man who makes jewelry for a living So pretty!! And a flash drive. He sent me his pictures! Included amongst all 932 pictures and 88 videos was all 7 package opening reactions for the packages I sent him, a video that he made of him reading the first dating application that I sent to him (so funny!), and a weekly letter in the form of a video. Awe! :) He told me of the miracles that he has witnessed in his life. Two of the miracles were from his Marine training and basics, one was in his family, and the rest were about his mission. It was a transfer week for him so he didn't get any mail so he asked me some questions.
Questions
 -How many records do you have to keep while doing your "vampire" job?
 -Have you ever heard of the missionary library?
 -What are you studying right now in Gospel Doctrine or Gospel Principles? Which class are you in and why?
 -How is your family doing? Especially Jacob. (My little brother)
Then he bore his testimony to me. It was so powerful! It was amazing to see how much he has grown in just 7 months. I know he is in the right place and I'm glad he is enjoying himself. He is a great missionary! And I know he is a strong instrument in the hands of the Lord. The people of Flora Vista are truly lucky to have him around.
Until next week :)
Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment